UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT FROM 11/03/2016
Kirkland Stores is the local village shop and Post Office in Caldbeck.
We're a family run business with an emphasis on quality and friendly, helpful service.
Not only are we the local shop in the Caldbeck & Northern Fells area, we're also the Post Office.
We sell petrol and diesel fuel too - the only fuel filling station for several miles in the Northen Fells area.
In fact, we pretty much able to supply most of life's essentials at a price that's often cheaper than the supermarkets!!
Our excellent shop offers the following services:
- Full range of groceries including fresh fruit & vegetables, tinned produce, milk, free range eggs, etc
- Locally produced meat (Carrock Meat), bacon and sausages
- Wines, beers and spirits including a large range of bottled beers from the Hesket Newmarket Brewery
- Locally produced pies & pasties
- Sandwiches, crisps and sweets
- Traditional biscuits and cakes
- Newspapers and magazines
- Logs and kindling
- Ice Cream and Chilled soft drinks
- DVD hire
- National Lottery / Lotto
- Petrol & Diesel fuel, engine oils - nearest garage is 9 miles away (Dalston)
- Calor Gas - new bottles and refills - and coal
The village Post Office offers a full range of Royal Mail postal services:-
- Stamps, parcels, recorded & special delivery, mail, Parcelforce;
- Cash, Savings, Paying Bills, Pensions & Benefits, Insurance, Broadband Services;
- Travel Insurance and Travel money - currency exchange;
- EHIC - formally E111 - medical care abroad;
- Forms for passports, driving licences, etc;
- PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to renew car tax - the nearest main Post Office to do this is either Wigton or Dalston.
If there is something you can't find, just ask...!
|OPENING TIMES (Shop):
|Monday to Saturday:
||9am - 5pm
||9am - 12 Noon
|OPENING TIMES (Post Office):
|Monday to Friday:
||9am - 5:00pm
||9am - 1pm
||9am - 12 Noon
|Closed for lunch - 12:30pm - 1:30pm (Post Office Only)
We are located in the centre of Caldbeck village, just up from The Oddfellows Arms pub, next door to the Tithebarn.
Please remember to mention the Caldbeck area website when you contact Kirkland Stores.